Part time On call Nurse Opportunity
We have an exciting opening for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our team working from the Sturminster Newton Branch.
This is a permanent position of which the candidate is not expected to stay onsite at all times but must remain within a 20minute radius of the practice during their time on call. We are currently in the process of obtaining offsite practice accommodation should you live outside this radius.
The role is based on a four-week rolling rota, please find an example below. The ideal candidate will be flexible and help to cover extra shifts where required.
Week 1- Sunday 5pm-8am
Week 2- Friday 6pm-8.30am
Week 3- Tuesday 6pm- 8am, Sunday 5pm- 8am
Week 4- no shifts
The candidate will come in at 6pm on a weekday and receive a handover from the day nurses. They will then stay on the premises till 10pm (or when night checks have been completed on in-patients) and come back to complete night checks as required through the night. This will be discussed with the veterinary surgeon on call. Phones will be transferred to the candidate’s phone at 6pm on a weeknight and 5pm on a Sunday evening where they will triage and liaise with the on-call vet accordingly.
The Job role:
- Taking the out of hours phones and triaging the calls.
- Coming into the practice to check in-patients and administer medications if required.
- Working alongside the veterinary surgeon on call to see patients out of hours.
- Maintaining cleanliness within the clinical areas and theatre after use.
- Some admin work such as scanning, phone calls to clients and dispensing repeat medications.
- Monitoring anaesthetics.
- Able to work as a sole nurse.
- Cleaning and packaging surgical instruments used.
- This role comes with a competitive salary of £11,388.
If you are interested in this position or have any questions, we would love to hear from you.
Please email your interest to our practice manager [email protected]