We have an exciting opening for a kennel assistant to join our team at the Blandford branch. We are looking for an individual who is motivated, can work as part of a team but also able to use their initiative to work independently.
Hours are 12pm-6pm Monday to Friday with one in three Saturday mornings at the Sturminster Newton branch.
The main responsibilities within this role are:
- Maintaining cleanliness within the practice through cleaning to a high standard
- Assisting the vets and nurses with handling of patients
- Keeping consumables topped up
- Cleaning & packaging surgical kits & sterilising instruments
- Feeding and walking out patients
- Running blood samples
No previous veterinary experienced is required for this role. Full training will be provided and the successful applicant will complete an initial week’s training at the Sturminster Newton branch before moving across to Blandford.
If you have any questions regarding this role, or would like to apply please contact the Head Nurse, Lucy Jones on the following email with your CV to [email protected] or telephone 01258 472 314.
Closing date for applications Sunday 10th July.
Successful candidates will be informed by email on Monday 11th July.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 14th July.