Here you will find our most recent News posts relating to Livestock Health.
Please see also:
- the Friars Moor Monthly Farm Newsletter – please contact us to subscribe.
- the XL Vets farm newsletter Livestock Matters – you can read or download the latest issue and many back issues.
- (Note: for Courses & Events, see our calendar of forthcoming livestock health events)
- Lambing Course – online March 9, 2021We will be hosing an online lambing course on Wednesday 24th March 2021 1pm – 5pm by Zoom Cost £50 (inc VAT) To register your interest, any questions and to receive log in details, please call or email the farm office for registration details.
- Exploring soil health March 5, 2021Making a start on understanding and measuring your soil health, with guest speaker Dr Elizabeth Stockdale 25th March 2021 – 1pm by Zoom To register your interest, any questions and to receive log in details, please call or email the farm office for registration details.
- CLIENT EVENING – FIRST AID FOR YOUR PET March 4, 2021In an emergency, we are always here for your pet! Sometimes it is important to act quickly, as well as calling us, there are some key things you can do to help. Knowing how to bandage a wound, or what information to take with you that will help your vet treat your pet could save lives. Join ...
- Farmers Weekly Awards 2020 – Livestock Advisor of the Year – Julian Allen February 10, 2021Farmers Weekly have been hosting their week-long festival of British farming to celebrate farming’s successes and a chance to see and hear about the achievements of more than 40 of the best farmers in the land. We are so proud of Julian for winning the Livestock Advisor of the year award #FWAwards 2020. Many congratulations Julian! https://www.fwi.co.uk/events/awards/farmers-weekly-awards-2020-livestock-adviser-of-the-year-2
- Take 15 minutes to complete the Big Farming Survey (100 words) January 20, 2021RABI has launched The Big Farming Survey, the largest ever research project of its kind, which aims to identify how increasingly complex challenges are impacting farming people’s physical and mental wellbeing, as well as the health of farm businesses. “To serve our community effectively, we require a greater understanding of how the pressures on farming people ...