Here you will find our most recent News posts relating to Livestock Health.
Please see also:
- the Friars Moor Monthly Farm Newsletter – please contact us to subscribe.
- the XL Vets farm newsletter Livestock Matters – you can read or download the latest issue and many back issues.
- (Note: for Courses & Events, see our calendar of forthcoming livestock health events)
- Avian Influenza Update April 28, 2022 Avian Influenza Update The housing measures for captive birds are to be lifted from next Monday. For more information follow the link below: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/bird-keepers-urged-to-maintain-scrupulous-biosecurity-standards-as-housing-measures-set-to-be-lifted?fbclid=IwAR3IyTuvq7fEXhQHFzzhimHc8MpzxSmKN2hJYIc8PaoTuV1Aw2siuZFYLto
- IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING SLAUGHTER OF TB TEST IRs April 22, 2022 Under new rules, sending ANY inconclusive reactors (IRs) disclosed at a TB test, to slaughter, PRIOR to their retest, is likely to result in DEFRA requiring a whole herd TB test; a so-called ‘check test’. This is still the case, even if permission from APHA/DEFRA has been obtained to send the IR(s) to slaughter. In addition, ...
- Easter Bank Holiday Opening Times April 16, 2022Sturminster Open 8.30am-12pm Blandford & Shaftesbury Closed All branches open Saturday 16th from 8.30am-12pm PLEASE NOTE OUR OUT OF HOURS EMERGENCY SERVICE IS AVAILABLE ALL WEEKEND
- SenseHub Livestock Monitoring Technology Farm Meeting March 3, 2022Join us to find out how to improve your herd health and profitability! OpenDay_CausewayFarm Come along and experience an open day with a difference at Causeway Farm, on Wednesday 23rd March from 11am. With speakers from Allflex Livestock Intelligence, Semex and Friars Moor Veterinary Clinic, we’ll explore: SenseHub technology, its performance and benefits Genetics usage and breeding immunity into your ...
- Menopause in the workplace January 13, 2022 At Friars Moor we are helping to raise awareness of Menopause in the workplace, working closely with Nicola Green and have had 3 successful presentations from Nicola for our staff. We are hoping as we move forward that Menopause will be a subject we openly discuss and support with all of our work colleagues. For further ...