Here you will find our most recent News and Events posts relating to Livestock Health.
Please see also:
- the Friars Moor Monthly Farm Newsletter – please contact us to subscribe.
- the XL Vets farm newsletter Livestock Matters – you can read or download the latest issue and many back issues.
- our calendar of forthcoming livestock health events
- TB Biosecurity Farm Workshop March 20, 2018 Everyone who came to this on Wednesday 14th March discovered all about the 5 Point TB Biosecurity Plan, how to join the CHeCs TB scheme and field tracking. They were then treated to the famous Friars Moor pasties supplied by Dikes and filled their pockets with sweets to enjoy while they applied their knowledge on a walk ...
- Branch Closures March 2, 2018 Due to the weather conditions, our Shaftesbury and Blandford branches are closed today (Friday March 2nd). Our Sturminster Newton branch will remain open for emergencies. Please check our website for details of opening hours this weekend or call 01258 472314.
- Alabama Rot February 8, 2018 Alabama Rot Cutaneous and Renal Glomerular Vasculopathy (CRGV) commonly known as Alabama rot is a disease that can affect any breed of dog but currently it isn’t known what the initial cause is. CRGV is a disease caused by damage to blood vessels of the skin and kidneys. It causes ...
- Dairy Sheep & Goat Conference 2018 February 8, 2018 Our third annual conference “Youngstock and Replacement Rearing” will take place in February 2018. REGISTER NOW Mon, 19 February – Tues, 20 February 2018 Doubletree By Hilton Cadbury House, Bristol, BS49 5AD United Kingdom The speakers will be from Spain, France and Canada, as well as UK based. Yoav Alony Gilboa and Jo Child are part of the Dairy Sheep and Dairy ...
- Friars Moor win ‘Dairy Team of the Year’ February 8, 2018 We are very pleased to announce that we have won the ‘Dairy Team of the Year’ category at the British Dairying Cream Awards last night. Vets Julian, Jenny and Eleanor were there to receive the award and had a fantastic evening with some inspirational people from the Dairy industry.